#1 2015-02-11 16:55:15

Paddy5000

Not working as before

Firstly I am not computer savvy. I downloaded and installed this app yesterday not sure if I was going to get it to work. Suddenly I glanced at my tv and saw that the Facebook page on my phone was now simultaneously on my tv. Boy was I delighted. I tried different pages and it was an absolute dream come true. All I did was click on the icons on my iPhone be it Facebook, Google etc and they all opened up on my tv screen. Absolute heaven.

Then later yesterday I updated the app on my mac, thinking nothing of it, other than things can only get better. Unfortunately afterwards when I opened the app on my iPhone and tried to use it as before, nothing would work, other than videos. Whatever has changed I wish it hadn't. It appears that now I have to enter the name of each individual site I wish to view on my tv in the browser in AirWeb on my iPhone. This is not the way it worked when I initially installed it.

This is without doubt a great app. I hope I can get this issue resolved and get it to work the way it did before I updated it.

Thanks

#2 2015-02-11 17:26:13

cstromme

Re: Not working as before

Hi Paddy!

Sounds like you've turned off mirroring. Drag up the control center, select your Apple TV and click on the mirroring switch. This is not a part of the app though, and the mirroring you see outside of the app is a part of the built-functionality in iOS.

#3 2015-02-11 19:09:24

Paddy5000

Hi,

Thanks for your reply. Mirroring is switched on. When I wrote videos are are playing on my Apple Tv, I mean of course videos from my iPhone i.e. youtube etc etc. Videos from Facebook however only play audio for some reason. All other data from my iPhone is not being displayed on my tv. I have absolutely no idea what all of this means. I would love to rectify this as without doubt this is an amazing app.

Thanks

Last edited by Paddy5000 (2015-02-11 19:13:37)

#4 2015-02-11 19:24:55

cstromme

Just to be clear here, you're talking about seeing your other apps on the TV? Not AirWeb, but apps like YouTube, Safari, Photos, Facebook etc?

#5 2015-02-11 20:02:55

Paddy5000

When I installed the app I pressed on " AirPlay ", then pressed Apple TV ( mirroring came on automatically ), The AirWeb page appeared on my tv screen, I just happened to check my Facebook on my phone, and suddenly looked up and to my surprise my Facebook was on my tv screen. Delighted with this discovery I checked to see if it worked with Safari etc and it did. Everything from my iPhone seemed to work perfectly on my tv. I was able to control things from my phone. As explained above whenever I have tried to do this since it has not worked. As I say I have no knowledge of computers but that is what happened.

Thanks again,

Paddy

#6 2015-02-11 20:07:07

cstromme

The AirPlay mirroring functionality is built into the operating system on your phone. That's not a part of AirWeb. So when you turn that on (drag up Control Panel from the bottom of the screen, click AirPlay, select your Apple TV, then switch on the Mirroring switch) the phone will mirror everything on your phone's screen to your TV.

What AirWeb does is that instead of mirroring what's on the screen it puts the actual webpage on the TV (fullscreen), and gives you a trackpad surface (think like on a laptop) to control a mouse cursor on the TV to surf and click on links. This allows you to be looking at your TV while browsing instead of having to keep looking down at the phone to click links etc.

An update to AirWeb can't affect AirPlay, but my guess is that this turned off at some point. If the mirroring is off but AirPlay is still on you will see videos play on the Apple TV, but not actually see a mirrored view of your phone. I would suggest turning AirPlay off on the phone (drag up from the bottom of the screen, tap AirPlay, select iPhone as output device), then turning it back on by selecting the AppleTV and enabling mirroring.

Let me know how it goes! smile

#7 2015-02-12 22:24:28

Paddy5000

Thanks so much for your reply. My situation is still the same. I'll just let someone who knows what they're doing have a look at things at this end.

Thanks again for all your help I really appreciate it,

Take care,

Paddy smile

#8 2015-02-12 22:53:39

cstromme

When you drag up the Control Panel from the bottom of the screen, and select AirPlay -> Your Apple TV, is mirroring checked in the box that appears under your Apple TV after you've selected it?

Board footer