#1 2014-02-04 17:38:08

Senju

Suggestions

I would like to have the following things in the app:

- Select, copy & paste
- Tabs (at least 2, so you can write an email and look something up in another tab)
- Right click (long press in iOS) to save images, copy links or open them in a new tab
- Pop up blocker

An option to prevent the screen from turning off would also be great. For example, when you're reading an article and don't do anything on the iDevice, the screen turns off and the connection to the Apple TV gets lost. Or even better would be if you could manage to keep the connection even if the screen turns off, so the website will still be displayed on your TV.

Last edited by Senju (2014-02-04 20:06:02)

#2 2014-02-04 22:20:04

cstromme

Re: Suggestions

All 4 of those are on the ToDo here for future versions, and one (and a half) of them will be in the upcoming 1.3.0 release. smile

Stopping the screen to turn off is an interesting one. It's easy to do, but I wonder if it might not be unexpected for people if they forget their device and the device never turns off. Especially since AirPlay uses a lot of battery. Adding a setting for this might make sense though, for presentation purposes.

#3 2014-02-05 10:13:59

Senju

That's great to hear!

Well, as I said, it would be even better if you could manage to keep the connection even if the display turns off. If you're watching a video and the screen on your iDevice turns off, the video still plays on the TV. It could be the same for regular websites, if that is possible.

#4 2014-02-05 13:50:28

cstromme

Added it as an option to to not turn off the screen now, will be available from the Settings app in 1.3.0.

There's no official way of allowing the second window (on the TV) to stay up after the screen is disabled. I'll need to chew on that a bit to see if I can find a workaround. I do think it makes sense if you want to have an iOS device in a stand of some kind showing a webpage on a TV.

#5 2014-02-05 19:34:14

Senju

It would be nice if you could find a workaround, but nonetheless I'm happy to hear that you added it as an option in the next release.

Do you already know when the update is ready? smile

#6 2014-02-05 21:06:56

cstromme

It should go to the beta testers within the next few days, and then hopefully be submitted to Apple within the next week. Then it usually takes about a week for Apple to approve it. So not to promise anything, but hopefully in 2-3 weeks.

#7 2014-02-12 23:02:26

Der

Hi,

first of all I want to thank you for creating such a nice app. I use it every day and it's just great!

The only thing I'm missing is a Pop up blocker, like Senju already mentioned. In my opinion, it's the most important feature this app is missing.

I really like to watch One Piece over the big screen. I go on onepiece-tube.tv and every time there is this crazy, annoying, f***ing pop up which redirects me to the App Store!

So I beg you to have this feature implemented in the next update.

Thank you very much!

Greetings from Germany

Board footer